Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Necessity of Vulnerability



The first step of improvement is the point where vulnerability is embraced.

I have been told by family and a close friend that I am strong in mind and spirit.
However there is this tendency for me
To hide behind my strong facade.

                                                    My vulnerabilities
                                                                       My darkness
                                                                              Unknown to many
                                                                                  Better that way
                                                                                    No one can ever imagine
                                                                                      The suffering the mind creates
                                                                                       Worse than the pain
                                                                                       Caused by a brain tumor  
                                                                                     Electrical storms
                                                                                  Adrenaline rush to the nth degree
                                                                                Biological rush attack
                                                                              Hijacked motives
                                                                             A beast destroying relationships
                                                                                 attacking the soul
                                                                                     scares the hell out of you
                                                                             Constant attack
                                                                               Battle
                                                                                 Restless mind
                                                                                  Dreams real and twisted
                                                                                    Believe the lies
                                                                                      and the illusion twists deeper
                                                                                         Dreaming awake midst darkness
                                                                                            Demon stroking mind
                                                                                              Constructing more lies
                                                                                              You don’t want to know
                                                                                              Each mind has its own
                                                                                            Forbid judgment of others persons struggles
                                                                                          Battles, fears, lies
                                                                                       Hell inside
                                                                                     Neurotransmitter friends
                                                                                    Source of my worst nightmares
                                                                                  Bliss adrenaline gone wrong


              Vulnerabilities projected out
                      The One who sees pain
                                  One who gives reason for life
                                             He already won the war
                                                     He self-sacrificed
                                                              He gives us all our closest friends
                                                                                         And family
                                                                                       Into I confide
                                                                                Companions to help
                                                                                       Love and support
                                                                                               No one or thing can take it away
                              I am alive
                                           God gives me the strength to conquer
                                                                               Fear and win the battles

Little does the adversary know
I fight to crush his head




I pity the person who throws the relationship out with the fear of the illness. ~LMc

No comments:

Post a Comment