![]() |
| www.demotivation.us |
So I have learned today that persistence and patience pays off. Or if you want a simpler explanation, being consistently annoying works too. Kind of like Sheldon at the door.
I have been watching the online job posting for Restorative Nursing Assistants, or Rehabilitation Assistants like a hawk for half a year now. I kept seeing a trend in the posting this position in a sister city with the company I work for. I felt inclined to apply like anyone else would on the internet, bypassing the "are you going to leave us?!?" awkward questions HR would badger me with if I tried to ask for transfer paperwork.
I applied a handful of times, heard nothing many times. Once or twice, I had a call back MONTHS after I applied each coupled with some sort of time frame explanation.
"Sorry for the delay, we had a lot on our table during and after the flood. Would you be interested in working as a PRN (as needed) CNA?" the scheduler asked.
"Thanks for the offer but I have full time work where I am at right now. If a Restorative position ever opens up, I would defiantly be interested." I responded.
"Ok, thanks for you're time! We will let you know if one becomes available." She said in a nice tone.
I really didn't believe her, but I thanked her for her encouraging thoughts.Fast forward to today. I just got off a phone interview with the HR manager for a Restorative Nursing Aide position. The position is PRN (as needed) but still requires hours of rigorous training from a Certified Occupational or/and Physical Therapist.
Here's how the first question of my interview went:
"It looks like you have had interest in becoming an RNA for quite some time. Why do you want to work in Restorative Therapies?" The HR manager asked.
I answered confidently, "I know what true empathy is. I had a brain tumor when I was 20. I had to learn to rehabilitate my entire left side of my body. I know what its like to not be able to do something that I want to do. That is why I have bonded with stroke victims. I know what its like to lose function."
She was speechless. She then responded, "To have gone through that you already have a lot of respect."
![]() |
| True Empathy |
Later after her interview questions of me, I asked her about what previous RNAs have done to be successful in this position. She mentioned that the previous person worked for three decades after tragically losing her life in the September flood. My heart broke. Bless her soul. HR continued by saying that she was engaged in all of the residents lives always spurring them on and finding ways to empower them to attain their goals.
The HR manager then finished up by saying that they found candidates to take on the full time RNA responsibilities and two part time fill in the gaps. They were interviewing me for PRN to fill in for vacation and call ins for those three people. She then lead to tell me that I am the only candidate for the PRN position and that they created the position because I showed so much interest in becoming an RNA.
I was awestruck, dumbfounded, humbled, and every other emotion attached. I responded by saying how much of an honor it felt, and thank you. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Unbelievable. Praise God for an opportunity to interview like this!
~LMc
In the end, it all turned out to be like this:


No comments:
Post a Comment