I made a really hard decision. I put aside my aspirations of becoming a restorative CNA at the sister location to focus on my full time job as a CNA at my current facility. I need to work full time for medical benefits of which I am the provider in our household. Sacrifices for the well being of the team.
 |
| sodahead.com image explains my dreams |
At my current facility, I picked administration minds with my pointed questions about the likelihood of a restorative program to be revamped in the foreseeable future. There is a chance. I'm okay with that coupled with the fact that I don't have to move facilities, learn new residents, and co-workers' working styles. I expressed this to the boss, placing a bug in the ear about my interest for working with the population I already serve. I also brought out into the open that I had interviewed for a restorative position in the sister location. Hopefully that illustrates my seriousness about my aspiration.
 |
despair.com
|
People must think I'm crazy not to at least consider taking my exact title (as CNA) at the new location. I would most defiantly get a 20% raise in doing so, but that's the dagger of underpaid obviousness I chose to pull from my side and keep pressing on with the familiar, while ignoring the money left on the table. I'm not going to lie, if the minimum wage was raised to where the government would like to theorize placing wages at, lets just say flipping hamburgers have met a match with my job wage. Nothing like placing a monetary value on serving others
in NEED in society. There's plenty of people who don't need hamburgers. I just think of it as my volunteer job with an hourly tip to make myself feel better. The cat is out of the bag: I work to have medical benefits.
 |
| addictinginfo.org |
At what cost is prosperity? A question that I ponder a lot. Many people give it all they have, put the blinders on, their nose to the grind for gold, and ignore of the meaning or purpose of life. The only thing I can say it this only leads to emptiness, stress, little time outside of work, strained relationships, and a drained body. You work your hands to the bone for what, a shiny something? To get a pat on the back? Do feel like you can finally sleep at night knowing that you are just biding time for the entrapment of the daily grind? I hope it's to make ends meet temporarily to get by to a brighter future. Bright meaning a comfortable balance of prosperity compelled to give to others in need.
 |
| marshill.com |
I know that I make a difference in the lives of people who have no capacity to care for themselves. That's what helps me wake up in the morning: that I am needed. I bend over backwards for all two dozen + of them. A labor of love. Find something that has meaning in life and do it, then it won't feel as much like work. I stay where I am at my job because I have meaning in that community of people. I have earned respect of my coworkers, supervisors and administration. It may not be perfect, but I can get through a lot with the team I am a part of. That's worth something. I know something great is likely to come of patience and loyalty.
 |
| My patience is my trust in God |
Be glad to have a job. In knowing that, the job is not the "end all, be all" infinite working relationship in a lifetime. It costs a lot just to get by these days, and a lot of people would be flat out financially belly up if someone hadn't generously helped them out. I know I have graciously been on the receiving side. I've also done my share of terrible jobs and I am thankful for each one because they helped shape who and where I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment