Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Signs of Spring

The first day of spring was so beautiful that I was able to take a walk around the grounds where I work after my shift


Miniature Crocus

Miniature Daffodil

Both of these bulbs (above) came up in the park area where the elderly residents I serve are welcome to take a safe walk outside.

Hyacyth (front and up left border)
Daffodils in bloom amongst yet to bloom tulips and irises

This is the arrangement I was greeted with at our entry to the building where I work as a Personal Care Provider.


This made me appreciate the little things that brighten someones day. What made this extra exciting is that I helped plant all these bulbs three years ago.  (470 bulbs not pictured) :)

"... to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a little bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" ~ Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment