I was *SO* close to being called into work on my day off. I had a plan already set: I will go skiing with my Dad and his best friend Jim. NOTHING would take this away from me today.
This is what I did on my "one in four years" of a day. Two leap years ago, I was living in Fort Collins going to college studying for my bachelor's degree in Landscape Horticulture never knowing what I would find out 17 months later in May 2005. The diagnosis that lead to the surgery that required me to learn to walk again.
So here I am today, doing some of the same things I did before the life saving surgery, always remembering how much hard work it was to get back to where I stand now.
"If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges."
~Pat Riley
No comments:
Post a Comment