I have higher expectations of myself than anyone often realizes unless you know me pretty well and thanks to you for your patient acceptance.
I am grateful for all the people who engage in and withdraw from of my life. I know that certain circumstances make time to move on into new chapters of each of our individual lives. I still keep in mind that we have met and kindled a friendship in some amplitude, for a good reason. Everyone and everything in life is there for a reason. Whether it is for acceptance and encouragement, a life lesson, a lesson of trust, a working relationship, or a blood relation that can never be denied, there is a reason for each person arriving at specific moments in life.
I reflect on all the times I have had people arrive and depart certain chapters of my life. I know that each one of those people left their chalk mark on the sidewalk path of my life. I never regret meeting anyone during this journey for the fact that every relationship is a lesson and a choice for mutual parties involved. If the contact slips from existence, it’s hard to let go, but it could be for the better. Companionship is a two way road, if one heart is not genuinely engaged in traveling and respectfully maintaining that road, then the road begins to erode causing the foundation to slide into a sinkhole. We can choose to ignore repairing it and move on, or take steps to supply and rebuild a new foundation when the destination is deemed valuable to both people.
I also envision companionship as a bridge. If the bridge is rickety and unkempt, a sight of misplaced respect, I’m not about to burn it down, turn around, and forget it ever existed. Even if it is an old rotten bridge, it is still there to allow an opportunity to rebuild it with beams of trust over time should that opportunity arise. Time heals...
...and so does forgiveness. ~LMc






Hey so you know I was creeping because I'm wide awake and cannot sleep. And I noticed you wrote this the day after my birthday I just thought u should know that lol love you Lauren ❤️
ReplyDelete