Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reflections of May 2005, 3 Song Set


8 years ago, I woke up in the ICU with my second chance at life.  I was only 20 years old.  These are my words reflecting back the challenges and victories that shaped my purpose. Along with the songs whose meanings made an impression on my outlook during that point in my life, I wrote freestyle poetry to convey my memories of everything.

For any-day laid awake by pain,
I wait in the darkness of my room hidden.
Wondering, Dreaming
 when the pain in my head would be ridden.
I live every day of life to its fullest
Loving life stubbornly
wishing for painless peacefulness in the night 
In the morning, 
rise again



For the five hour moment I woke up
my body half forgot everything I was
athletic pride lost
playing, climbing, hiking, biking, skiing, playing music
all would have to wait
I sit like a stone in bed
independence and liberty gone
I depend on help I am given
Where do I go from here?
embrace the white light and go home
or stay with the angels who help me recover?
Think its crazy?
There is always a reason to doubt 
what another person experiences
physically, spiritually, mentally
what do I know
I was sent back for a reason
It wasn't going to be easy
I am not and never will be perfect
No one is
I know



Here I am 
fully rehabilitated
a new found sense of purpose
I understand
I have true empathy
I know suffering and pain
I know how to start all over
Leaning purely on the God's strength given
Skeptics point out my pain, suffering, and stress I was put through
what god would do that to you?
Don't you understand that through hardships, you are shaped into a more humbled person?
God never gives us more than we can handle
I am only alive because God gave me life.
our time in life is short
do something that helps another person breath easier
one day they will understand 
life is not just for you, we are here to serve one another
I have no regrets or bitterness about what I went through
I'm a better person because of it
I can thank God for that!
The best part about all of my struggles
the support of family and friends
support that last the tests of time
God gave me a companion to stand by my bedside
He will be here for me forever

~LMc





No comments:

Post a Comment