Sunday, April 14, 2013

Give or Take

Disclaimer:  This blog posting is by NO means Anti- American, anti-government, aggressive to those who need financial help, or meant to be perceived as condescension to those with disabilities.  I am just exercising my right to free speech and voice my novice opinion of how government capital is used.

A music video that best illustrated the annual mid April day such as this:



The only difference here in the Muse music video is that it seems to have a "happy ending."  The parallel drawn in my mind relating to reality is far from a "happy ending", rather a dreary annual midnight walk through a tick infested field that just so happens to be in the middle of April.

One of the government's purposes is to protect those with disabilities.  The action is very noble and commendable and a part of equality this nation strives to support.  If you know me, you are probably very aware of the number of medical situations that have plagued me since I was a teenager.  I have heard of people with similar ailments registering these misfortunes as disabilities with the government.  By all means, I know how hard life can be - let alone with life threatening medical situations.  I probably wouldn't be alive if it hadn't been for the financial support my family graciously gave me.  I know there are multitudes of people in this country who fight every day for their lives, need any help they seek to aid their ailments, just enough to get by for the time being, or to help themselves back up on their feet to an independent respectable life.

Everyone strives for a respectable life.  Everyone's definitions of that may differ slightly or significantly.  My definition of a respectable life is one that strives to live in crystal clear honesty to oneself and others, that honors those who have helped them get where they are, and one that recognizes that life is difficult, and in turn gives of themselves freely to those who may need help.

If you need help, by all means please seek the help you need to get back onto your rehabilitating feet.  I had help, I can't deny that.  I have chosen to strive and rehabilitate myself physically and financially to end dependence on aid.  Again, I am grateful enough to have received aid from my family during those trials in my life.  I can gladly now say that I am financially independent and have been for a few years now.  Now I move on, blending in with the rest of the working world, never to claim my disabilities.  I am just like the person next to me: perfectly able. 

I can't tell you how many times my hands have broken open and bled from work simply by washing my hands.  I must do this to protect the patients as well as myself while providing healthcare on a full time basis.  I just mend my hands daily and live with the pain because I like serving others.

The idea that my hands bleed to allow Uncle Sam to hand checks to people making fraudulent claims really twists the knife into me.  It's too bad there are more lazy people in the country than we would like to admit.  Some people are just content with living in the goldfish bowl as Uncle Sam shakes government aid check flakes into their world.  Just remember that some goldfish are incapable of knowing when to stop eating.  Good luck with that fish-ies.

No comments:

Post a Comment